Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Children of the Corn


(please ignore the orphan-like state of my children.)

Here's the story:

At the end of last school year, Benson went on a field trip to Staheli Farms. It's a pretty cool farm here in town. Anyway, while there, they received some seeds. I had no idea what they were or anything about them really. Well, I had to work the night that he got them but when Ben got home, he told Benson they could plant one. So off they went to the back yard where Ben tore a hole in the weed mat and literally pushed the seed into the ground... That's it.
He did this just to appease Benson.

Fast forward 4 months and what do we have??
One single corn stock. We couldn't believe it! Benson was so proud of his corn. I wasn't convinced however. I totally thought it was a big weed. Nope. It was totally corn. It has, to our disappointment died, but not before producing 2 tiny ears of corn. How fun!

One day, when we have a place of our own, I would love to have a garden!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: