Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hiley's Story

**Hiley Jo**
April 29th, 2007

Here's your story:

Your dad had gone to San Antonio, Texas for a few days to help your Uncle Adam move into his new house. He was going to fly into Salt Lake on Saturday, April 28th. I decided to drove up there and spend a few days while he was gone and then be there to pick him up. My doctor knew nothing of this little impromptu trip of mine. Anyway, after driving they fell a little behind schedule so he thought that he maybe wanted to try and stay in Texas for a day longer so that he could see the city and their new home. We talked about it and I just mentioned that he should just come home unless he was 100% sure that he could get on an actual flight and not a stand by. He wasn't sure so home he came. They literally drove him right to the airport. Poor guy. Well... on my way to the airport to pick him up on that Saturday afternoon, I started having contractions. I wasn't really sure if that's what they actually were so I watched/felt them for a while. They were about 20 minutes apart and the same intensity. I told Ben about them and he wanted to drive all the way to Cedar City! I was like there is no way I am risking that! So anyway, we just continued to watch and time the contractions. Around 8, we decided to go to dinner with my parents and Lauren. We went to Texas Roadhouse. It was good to get out... While we were there, the contractions started to get closer together. When we got home, we went for a walk to see if that would help. I also took a hot bath to see if that did anything. Well, we decided to try and get some sleep so we went to bed. I couldn't sleep. They were more intense and closer together. Finally around 1:30 I woke Ben up. Him and my dad gave me a blessing and we headed over to the hospital. They watched me for a few hours and gave me some morphine to see if that would help with the pain. It did a little but it also made me dilate. At 5 am they admitted me. They gave me my epidural, I got a tiny bit of sleep and then you were ready. I only pushed for about 15 minutes and out you came.... just as the doctor was walking in at 7:17 am. You were beautiful. So healthy and perfect!!

I still can't believe you were born in Salt Lake! So on your own schedule... which honestly hasn't changed since! It seems we are always waiting for Hiley! ;-)


chanel said...

this is a GOOD story, so glad ben came home when he did! can't wait to hear the NEXT story- sooooo soon!
you're a champ for not being induced, it takes such strength!!

im thinking of ya for sure!!! love you!!